Friday, February 27, 2009

Disneyland Records "Disney's Merriest Songs" LP Record 1968



This is the Disneyland Records album, "Disney's Merriest Songs", a long-playing vinyl record from 1968. This was the very first Disneyland Records record that my parents bought me. I remember when my Dad bought it, and I remember where- at a Gulf gas station, that used to be right off the 10 freeway exit at Crenshaw Blvd (there's now a car wash where that gas station used to be, and there are NO Gulf gas stations in Los Angeles anymore!) This album had inside (I'm sure) a postcard that allowed you to join a club where records would come in the mail automatically and you would pay for them- that's how I got such a large collection of Disneyland Records records when I was a kid. I was 4 years old when I got this one- the one that started the Disney madness for me.




This particular album in the picture was something that I bought a few months ago on Ebay. Although it's an old album, this one is unopened and in mint condition ( man, the things you can find on Ebay!) I still have the original record album that my Dad bought, too- but it has a lot of scratches on it.

This album is cool because it has songs from all kinds of Disney movies- some from soundtracks, others are Disney songs sung by contemporary artists of the time. As you can see from the photo of the back of the album cover, you can see some of the stars featured- Julie Andrews, Louis Armstrong, Phil Harris, Burl Ives, Mary Martin, Louis Prima, Dick Van Dyke, and Ed Wynn. I'm going to buy a record player soon, and relive some warm, melodic memories that only vinyl records can offer!

No comments: