Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Art of Disney - Imagination U.S. Postage Stamps


This is "The Art of Disney - Imagination" U.S. Postage Stamps. There are 4 different stamps in this series. One stamp features Mickey Mouse as Steamboat Willie. Another stamp features Pongo and Rolly from the "One Hundred and One Dalmations" feature film. Another stamp features Mowgli and Balloo from "The Jungle Book". Finally, the last stamp has Princess Aurora with the three good fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, from the Disney classic, "Sleeping Beauty". Each stamp has the value of 42 cents, which is the current letter rate for postage in the United States. I bought this sheet of stamps today at the post office. I didn't know that these stamps had come out; I was mailing a letter and just went up to the counter just to make chit chat with the clerk. I asked if there were any new stamps. When she pulled these out, I had to buy them!

No comments: